We are sure, most of you are already familiar with UG Cakes through the awesome photographs of cakes they post on Facebook and Instagram. Now, we are happy to announce that you can order these beautiful and mouth-watering cakes online from UG Cakes and pay digitally via Khalti.
We have already written the story of Urban Girl in this blog and how two college students Nikita Acharya and Kiran Timsina started the venture back in 2012. In this article, before we share the information on how to order cake online and pay from Khalti, we want to tell you the story of UG Cakes.
The Story of UG Cakes
As Urban Girl was getting popular, the team realized the necessity to diversify its products line and started selling cakes online through its new venture UG Cakes. When UG Cakes was started in 2014, there was also no such trend of online ordering and home delivery of cakes in Nepal.
Slowly, the market demand started growing. They started taking orders for customized cakes as per customers’ demand. Within a very short time frame, they got a massive response from their customers.
While beginning a cake delivery service, UG Cakes didn’t have its own expertise and capacity to produce cakes. So, they collaborated with local bakeries to produce cakes. The team worked on that model for 2 years. In 2016, UG Cakes started its own bakery for cake production. Nikita and Kiran themselves took bakery training and hired a trained baker to run the bakery. UG Cakes has collaborated with PUM Netherlands. Senior experts from the organization help UG Cakes maintain the European standard of the bakery.
What’s more interesting about UG Cakes? All of the people working at the bakery are from underprivileged groups, who didn’t get an opportunity for education but want to do something in life. UG Cakes started the UG School of Cakes to serve this purpose, where they train them and make them ready for the job. UG invests an average of Rs. 20,000 to provide training to an individual. After formally hiring them for the job, the company provides attractive incentives to them.
Apart from Kathmandu valley, UG Cakes also provides a cake delivery service in Pokhara from its branch office there.
Today, UG Cakes has emerged as the industry leader in the online bakery business in Nepal. Currently, it offers 15,000 varieties of cakes and delivers an average of 300 cakes every single day.
How to order cake online from UG Cakes and pay from Khalti?
1. Visit the website of UG Bazaar (ugbazaar.com) and signup or log in to your account. You can also log in directly using your Facebook or Gmail account.
2. Go to the Categories >> Food & Beverage >> Cakes and Cupcakes. Or, you can simply click on this link: ugbazaar.com/category/10
3. Choose the type of cake you want to order from the 15,000 available options. Select your flavour type, flavour, weight, and write your ‘beautiful wish message’. You can also ask for extra customization.
4. Click on Add To Cart or Buy Now
5. Select the date of cake delivery and click on Continue to Checkout
6. Fill up your shipping address details and click on Deliver to this address
7. Click on Proceed To Pay
8. Among the available payment modes, choose Wallet and select Khalti
9. Enter your Khalti ID (mobile number) and click on Make Payment
10. The payment interface of Khalti opens. You can either pay via the amount on your Khalti wallet or the eBanking option.
To pay via Khalti Wallet:
Step 1: Enter your Khalti ID (mobile number) and tap on the PAY button
Step 2: Enter your transaction PIN and OTP (one-time-password) you have just received on your mobile registered with Khalti and tap on Confirm Payment
Your order is successful after the successful payment. The cake will be delivered to the location on the assigned date. Enjoy the celebration with a beautiful and mouth-watering cake.
Don’t have Khalti account? Create it in two minutes!
Don’t have enough amount in your Khalti wallet to pay at UG Cakes? Load fund instantly using mobile banking, eBanking, bank voucher deposit, Khalti Sewa Kendra, and more methods! How?