We are happy to inform you that now you can order online from Urban Girl (UG Bazaar) and pay directly from your Khalti wallet. In this article, we don’t want to just share the information on how you can digitally pay from Khalti at Urban Girl but also want to tell you the story of Urban Girl – how it was started and a lot more about the company.
The Urban Girl Story
When two friends – Nikita Acharya and Kiran Timsina – were studying in college, they used to see so many things on international shopping sites that they wanted to buy. But they could not buy any of these items since they didn’t have international credit cards. There were some websites based in Nepal dedicated to people living abroad sending gifts to their loved ones in Kathmandu, but that was all. In that scenario, they sensed a business opportunity. After brainstorming ideas to combat this deficiency in the Nepalese market, they launched the venture Urban Girl in 2012, an online shop focused on products related to women.
Urban Girl’s vision since the beginning was to promote e-commerce in Nepal by providing the best online shopping experience to customers, who were mainly the city girls and women – thus the name Urban Girl.
Urban Girl started with selling jewellery items. Buying jewellery online was totally a new idea at that time. Soon, they started expanding their product inventories and diversifying the offerings, from food and beverage to fashion items, and from gift items to electronics and appliances.
At the time Urban Girl started, neither there was an established market nor were there any customers. Today, online shopping has been established as a huge industry, and Urban Girl is recognized as one of the most popular and trusted online shopping companies in Nepal.
Popular items available at Urban Girl (ugbazaar.com)
- Gift Items (Printed Cups/Mugs, T-shirts, Cushions, etc.)
- Jewellery items
- Men’s items
- Women’s items
- Electronics and Appliances
- Beauty & Care items
- Kids items
- Home & Furniture
- Electronics, and many more
How to order online from Urban Girl (UG Bazaar) and pay from the Khalti wallet?
1. Visit the website of UG Bazaar (ugbazaar.com) and signup or log in to your account. You can also log in directly using your Facebook or Gmail account.
2. Go to the Categories and search for the item you want to buy
3. Click on Add To Cart or Buy Now
4. Click on Continue to Checkout
5. Fill up your shipping address details and click on Deliver to this address
6. Click on Proceed To Pay
7. Among the available payment modes, choose Wallet and select Khalti
8. Enter your Khalti ID (mobile number) and click on ‘Make Payment’
9. The payment interface of Khalti opens. You can either pay via the amount on your Khalti wallet or the eBanking option.
To pay via Khalti Wallet:
Step 1: Enter your Khalti ID (mobile number) and tap on the ‘PAY’ button
Step 2: Enter your transaction PIN and OTP (one-time-password) you have just received on your mobile registered with Khalti and tap on ‘Confirm Payment’
Your order is successful after the successful payment. You will also get a call for confirmation. Now, wait for the item to be delivered to your doorstep within a few days.
Don’t have Khalti account? Create it in two minutes!
Don’t have enough amount in your Khalti wallet to pay at Urban Girl? Load fund instantly using mobile banking, eBanking, bank voucher deposit, Khalti Sewa Kendra, and more methods! How?