Khalti provides a seamless mobile payment solution for mobile recharge, making electricity/water bill payment, internet bills, movie tickets and numerous other services. But, you need to have funds in Khalti to make these payments. In this article, we make everything clear for you on how to load fund in Khalti and make online payments instantly.
You can load fund in Khalti using any of the following methods:
1. Mobile Banking
2. E-Banking/internet banking
3. Debit/Credit Cards
4. Kiosk Machines
5. Khalti Transfer (Send/Request)
6. Khalti Pasal (Cash Agents)
7. Cash Deposit Vouchers
Do you have a bank account? You can load fund in Khalti using internet banking, mobile banking, and Debit/Credit cards.
1. How to load fund in Khalti using Mobile Banking?
You can load funds in Khalti via mobile banking in the below steps and make all types of payments with ease:
1. Download, Sign up and login to Khalti app.
2. Tap on ‘Load Fund’, and tap on mobile banking and choose your bank
3. On the mobile banking app, tap on ‘Load Wallet’ and choose ‘Khalti Payment’
4. Enter the amount you want to load, your Khalti ID (phone number/email), your bank account details, and tap on ‘SEND’
5. Your Khalti wallet will be loaded.
6. You will get a confirmation message on your mobile phone from the bank about the transaction.
7. You can now go to your ‘Khalti’ app and see ‘Transaction History’ for confirmation. You can find your Khalti account being loaded there.
2. How to load fund in Khalti via internet banking?
You can load funds on Khalti account via eBanking in the below steps and make all types of payments with ease:
1. Open and log in to Khalti app on your smartphone or via web dashboard on khalti.com
2. Tap on ‘Load Fund’
3. Enter the amount you want to load and tap on ‘LOAD FUND’
4. Choose your bank from the list of banks to load your Khalti account.
5. eBanking site of the particular bank opens. Log in to the site using your ‘Username’ and ‘Password’.
6. Tap on ‘Pay’
7. A code will be sent to your registered mobile number and to your email address. Enter the code, and tap on ‘Transfer’
8. Your wallet will be loaded. (For confirmation, you will be receiving a message from Khalti in your mobile number). Go to Khalti App and refresh you balance
3. How to load fund in Khalti via Debit/Credit cards?
1: Login into your Khalti Account using registered phone number and password
2: Tap on ‘Load Fund’ and select Debit/ Credit Card
3: Choose the bank and amount to load funds
4: Enter your card number as in your VISA/SCT, Expiry date, Card holder’s name
5: Enter your 3-digit CVV security code which you can find at the back of your card
6: Enter the name of your Bank, bank country and e-mail
7: Enter the One Time Password (OTP) that you received in your phone and complete the transaction
8: Your funds will be loaded instantly
Don’t have a bank account? You can still load fund in Khalti
You need not to worry even if you don’t have a bank account or internet or mobile banking enabled.
To cater to the unbanked population in Nepal and making digital payments accessible for all, Khalti has brought new offline methods to load funds. You can also load fund in Khalti in a very simple way through Kiosk Machines, Khalti Transfer, Khalti Pasal, and Cash Deposit Vouchers:
4. How to load fund in Khalti using Kiosk machines?
1. Go to the nearest Kiosk machine.
2. Select “Wallet Top Up” from the home screen
3. From the given wallet options, select Khalti
4. Enter your Khalti Mobile Number ( Registered with Khalti) and the desired amount
5. Deposit the cash one by one into the Kiosk Machine (It is to be duly noted that only transactions of upto Rs 5,000 can be made from the Kiosk Machine at once)
6. After transaction has been completed, your Khalti wallet will be loaded immediately
7. For confirmation, you will be receiving a message from Khalti in your mobile number
8. Go to Khalti App and refresh you balance
9. Keep the transaction receipt safely for your records
Watch this video tutorial on how to load fund in Khalti using Kiosk machines
You can find Kiosk machines in the following locations. Click Here to see
5. How to load fund in Khalti using Khalti Transfer (Send/Request)?
You can ask your friends, family members, and relatives to transfer fund in your Khalti account.
1. Login into your Khalti Account using registered phone number and password
2. Tap on ‘Send/Request’
3. Enter the mobile number to whom you’re sending fund and the amount of fund, and tap on ‘SEND’. Likewise, to request fund, on the ‘REQUEST’ tab, enter the mobile numer from whom you’re requesting fund, amount of fund requested, and tap on ‘SEND’
4. After transaction has been completed, your Khalti wallet will be loaded immediately
5. For confirmation, you will be receiving a message from Khalti in your mobile number. Go to Khalti App and refresh you balance
6. Load fund in Khalti from Khalti Pasal (Cash Agents)
You can go to a nearby Khalti Pasal and ask for fund transfer to your Khalti account. There are more than 5000 Khalti Pasal spread across different locations all over Nepal. There should be one nearby you.
7. Load fund in Khalti using Cash Deposit Vouchers
You do not require a bank account to load funds to your Khalti wallet. You can load fun in Khalti using our cash deposit vouchers available in NIBL and Machhapuchchhre Bank
1. Go to the nearest branch of any of these two banks.
2. Ask for Khalti Deposit Vouchers and fill it
3. Enter your Khalti ID and Customer’s Name( Registered with Khalti) and fill in other requisite details
4. Deposit the voucher along with the amount to be deposited
5. Your Khalti wallet will be loaded immediately
6. For confirmation, you will be receiving a message from Khalti in your mobile number. Go to Khalti App and refresh you balance
Watch this video tutorial on how to load fund in Khalti via Khalti Cash Deposit Vouchers
After you load fund in Khalti, you are all set to make all types of bill payments instantly.
Got into a problem?
Reach out to our support team at: