Sustainable Development is a development that is sure to last long. Without proper planning, sustainable development cannot be achieved. Here, in this article, we are going to talk about the Actions for SDG 2019 event which is taking place in Kathmandu soon.
Action for SDGs 2019 Event
The SDG Event 2019 is taking place at Radisson Hotel, Kathmandu on 7th December 2019 from 09:00 a.m. to 14:00 p.m.
The participants will be selecting the SDG of their own. The SDGs have been described in this article itself.
The framework of SDG Event consists of:
- Inspiring: The inspiration can be obtained from top business and thought leaders from around the country who are invited to share their knowledge about sustainable development.
- Engage: The organizations that are the partner organizations for the event will engage with the youth participants to enlighten them on new perspectives through the methods of workshops, conversations, and idea-mentoring.
- Act: The youths who will be attending the event will take their learning and insights from the day into a space where they can co-create their own ideas and generate solutions with a team.
Who is the Host?
The host for the event is AIESEC International and AIESEC Nepal, the largest youth-led organization in the world. They provide training and workshops related to leadership development via global internships for youth as well as team experiences. Their headquarters are situated in The Netherlands.
AIESEC, established in Nepal in 2013, has made a direct impact on more than 1000 International volunteers and more than 4000 Nepali youths. AIESEC Nepal is affiliated with Social Welfare Council, Nepal.
What are the Participation Guidelines?
The following are the eligibility criteria for attending the SDG Event:
- Anyone from the age of 18 – 28 can participate as an individual or a team.
- If a team is participating then the number of members must be in the range of 3 – 6.
- A team leader needs to be present
- You can submit any of:
- An idea
- A project
- A product
What is the Post Campaign Process?
- Firstly, the campaign consists of the generation of ideas that come from the participants of the event.
- The ideas will be at least 10 in number from the focused SDGs.
- Those 50 shortlisted ideas will be discussed by the youths that have attended the event.
- After the discussion, the ideas will be presented and live voting will take place.
- Finally, the results will be announced.
Also, there are rewards for the top 3 outcomes:
- The first place will be obtaining NPR 50,000 with mentorship from experts and other seed fund opportunities.
- Second place will be obtaining NPR 30,000 with mentorship from experts and other seed fund opportunities.
- Third place will be obtaining NPR 20,000 with mentorship from experts and other seed fund opportunities.
Action for SDGs 2019 Event is Focusing on the Following:
- Quality Education: Educated people become the pillars who will lead the world in the future. Everyone agrees with this statement. However, without quality education, no goal can be achieved. The ability to learn about a goal, formulate plans to achieve the goals and analyze the results require well-educated people.
- Gender Equality: We still see a lot of people, especially women, being taken for granted. They are not given equal rights. This issue is not only of Nepal but also of the world. Respect women, their feelings, their thoughts. As a result, their involvement will make the world developed in a sustainable way.
- Clean Water: Most of us are already aware of the diseases that dirty water can bring. Diarrhoea is the most common problem and is capable of getting spread and causing pandemonium among people. Hence, the clean water action was mentioned to reduce the number of diseases caused by dirty water.
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions: Where there is proper peace, definitely there is strong and long-lasting development. Where there is justice, people will support development. Where there are strong institutions, people can share their ideas without a hitch. In order to achieve the goal of sustainable development, these three factors play a vital role.
- Partnerships for the Goals: Nothing can be achieved individually. You need support and assistance from your peers and act according to the decision made by your group. In order to increase the group, you need to make sure that you have some partners who will be with you through ups and downs.
These are a few of the actions that can be taken, especially for Nepal, to achieve sustainable development and to achieve the goals, people need to be taught about it as well as made aware of the issues that prevent these goals from being achieved.
How to Buy Tickets for SDG 2019 Event via Khalti?
In order to register for SDG 2019 via Khalti, you simply need to:
- Make sure that you have the Khalti app installed on your smartphone.
- Navigate to the Events tab where you can find the event for Action for SDGs 2019
- Tap on the event and you will be taken to its page.
- You can purchase the tickets from the page itself.
- Or, for further details, you can contact the event organizer from the contact addresses present on the page.