After the WorldCup fever, it’s time to get gripped with general knowledge questions. For the first time ever, Ko Banchha Crorepati is all set to premiere in Nepal!
Ko Banchha Crorepati (Who Will Be a Millionaire) is a Nepali television game show based on the British Program ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’ After ruling the roast all over the world, the Nepalese version of the show is here to change the dynamics of TV viewing.
The show will be hosted by none other than Rajesh Hamal, the megastar of Nepali film industry.
In its format, contestants tackle a series of multiple-choice questions to win large cash prize upto 1 crore Nepali rupees.
The British (original) version of show is one of the most popular game shows in television history and is credited by some with paving the way for the phenomenon of reality programming.
The story of bringing ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ to Nepal
While doing higher education in India, we used to watch ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ with much enthusiasm. After completing education, we returned to Nepal and started working here.
Until just a few years ago, none of us believed that franchise of programs like ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ can be brought to Nepal and it will turn out to be a success.
However, after the success of Nepal Idol, Himalaya Roadies and other reality TV shows, we felt people watch Nepali television too if programs are of good quality.
It is really exciting to bring in the first ever ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ game show with iconic host – Rajesh Hamal. We are sure we will be able to create a new benchmark of quality TV show in Nepal. We are expecting a massive registration of participants. We are expecting it to become a trendsetting show on Nepali television. We hope it to brings the whole family together and knowledge is shared in the most interesting and entertaining way.
We expect ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ will be a milestone for Nepali television audience.
– Bipin Acharya, CEO, SRBN Media Pvt. Ltd. (Producer of Ko Banchha Crorepati)
Format of ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ show:
- Prize amount will be upto Rs. 1 crore per episode
- There will be a total of 15 questions. And, if a person manages to give correct answers to all the questions, he/she will win the jackpot prize money: 1 crore rupees.
- If a contestant can’t win 1 crore, there are two other milestones: Rs.10,000 and Rs. 320,000. If the contestant crosses any of these milestones, he/she can walk away from the game with the milestone amount they crossed. Or, even if the participant decides to quit at any questions level, they can walk away with the amount in which they quit.
- There are three lifelines to assist the whole process: 50:50, phone a friend, and audience poll.
- You need not worry even if you can’t make it to the program. At the end of every episode, the host will ask a question and give you four options for the correct answer. You will get a chance to win Rs. 1 lakh cash prize by sending correct answer through SMS.
- The first season of ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’ will run for 52 episodes.
Qualification for participation in the show:
In order to be eligible, contestants must be residents and citizens of Nepal and at least 18 years of age by 10 July 2018.
How to participate in ‘Ko Banchha Crorepati’?
Registration for the much-awaited quiz show has already begun. To get a chance to be on the ‘hot seat’ of Ko Banchha Crorepati, all that you need to do is: send an SMS to 31031 in the following format:
KBC <Space> Age <Space> Gender(M/F/O)
If you are 30 years old male, type KBC 30 M and send it to 31031
How excited are you to participate in the first season of Ko Banchha Crorepati? The show is all set to premiere in mid-September this year. The show will be aired on AP1 HD Television.
Broadcast Days: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
Broadcast Timing: Super Prime Time
Currently, KBC Nepal app has trended in the no. 1 spot on Google Play Store on Entertainment section. And, to increase the heat level, KBC Nepal has started three months’ long campaign on July 15. Top 20 scorers per week in the KBC Nepal app will earn Khalti points, with the highest 10 scorers at the end of the campaign winning cash prize upto one lakh rupees.