NIC Asia Capital is one of the leading Merchant Banking Company in Nepal. It received the registration certificate to function as a Depository Participant (DP) of Central Securities Depository from Securities Board of Nepal (SEBON) in January 2017. NIC ASIA Capital is one of the market leaders in providing DP Services in Nepal. It operates various Merchant Banking activities such as Portfolio Management, Corporate Advisory, Mutual Fund, Registrar to Share, Issue Management, etc. DEMAT is also one of the major services NIC Asia Capital provides. Now you can pay NIC Asia Capital Demat renewal fee and MeroShare renewal fee directly from your smartphone using Khalti app.
What is a Demat account?
Demat Account is an account that is used to hold shares and securities. The full form of Demat account is a dematerialized account. The purpose of opening a Demat account is to hold shares that have been bought or dematerialized (converted from physical to electronic shares), thus making share trading easy for the users.
You must have a Demat account to start trading in the share market or the stock market in Nepal. Demat account works exactly like a bank account; the only difference being that they transact in shares rather than in cash. You can also transfer shares from one Demat account to another.
NIC Asia Capital has recently launched the ‘One Nepali One Demat Account’ campaign to bring massive participation of the public in the securities market.
NIC Asia Capital Depository Participant (DP) Services includes:
- Opening DEMAT Account
- Dematerialization of Physical Shares
- Re-Materialization of the Shares in your DP Account
- Maintaining up to date record of securities in the electronic form
- Providing Online access to your Account to view and track your shareholdings
- Settlement of trades by transferring/receiving the securities from/in the accounts
- Settlement of off-market trades that is occurred between the Beneficial Owner (BO – the investors) outside NEPSE
- Providing electronic credit of securities allotted by issuers during IPOs
- Depositing the non-financial corporate benefits (such as bonus, right shares, etc.) issued by issuers in the DEMAT Account of Beneficial Owners (BOs)
- Facilitation of pledging of dematerialized securities
Pay NIC Asia Capital Demat renewal fee and Mero Share renewal fee from Khalti in these few simple steps:
1. Sign up and login to Khalti using Khalti app
2. Tap on Share icon on the home screen
3. Tap on NIC Asia Capital icon and choose Demat NIC or MeroShare NIC accordingly
4. Enter your Client ID (16-digit Demat account number), Full Name, Mobile Number, Amount(100 rupees for Demat and 50 rupees for Mero Share), and tap on SUBMIT
After the successful payment, NIC Asia Capital Demat / MeroShare team will look into your payment and you will receive a confirmation email about the renewal of your account.